Reach Recruitment are working with the UK's premier supplier of modular building solutions who provide interim modular buildings and permanent bespoke offsite solutions through application, site and design for the position of Buyer.
Reporting into the Procurement Manager you will provide support in the Procurement Department buying materials in line with business targets, manage material supply for projects and develop and analyse materials, parts and equipment.
You will be joining a well developed and supportive team with an array of experience, with the potential to grow your career within the business.
- Ensure materials are bought on time and on target cost for both factory & site.
- Ensure all materials are procured through the most appropriate route for the Business, whether that is tendered or strategically sourced.
- To procure in line with company procedures to eliminate process errors.
- To foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g. Estimating, Design, Manufacturing & Site.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
- Review material list for conformance to company standard practices in regard to parts and materials used.
- Schedule material requisitions based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities, and maintenance requirements.
- Estimate the need to reorder supplies due to rejections and engineering changes during manufacturing cycle.
- Confer with Purchasing, Engineering & Production and other personnel to exchange information regarding inventories, schedules and related issues.
- A savvy negotiator with the ability to build relationships
- You enjoy a busy, fast paced process
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Purchasing & Supply
- Experience within Modular Building industry / construction industry is preferred.
- Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and email.
Salary £28,000 - £30,000
There is a strong package to boot, with annual bonus scheme and a strong pension contribution on offer.
To apply or find out more about the position please call Liz at Reach Recruitment, alternatively, please apply directly to this position and we will get back in touch for a confidential chat.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Reach Recruitment recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm, and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Business Support, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
Reach Recruitment offer a professional and personal take on recruitment. Our dedicated and experienced consultants work in partnership with candidates & clients to ensure the best possible productivity.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.