Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Reach Recruitment are delighted to be working with a new pneumatic business who supply a full turnkey systems, maintenance, and servicing support to help manufacturers and other customers in a wide range of industries.
Providing excellent customer service remains the number one priority, with some customers remaining loyal to the company for more than 60 years.
The team’s extensive expertise and knowledge of the compressed air industry and pneumatics, along with their dedication to looking after their customers, making them the go-to company in the region.
A service engineer performs maintenance and operational tasks on compressed air equipment, all types of air compressors, refrigerated dryers and ancillary equipment in a reliable, safe, and efficient manner, and in accordance with the group policies, practices, and standards. Properly maintain and complete maintenance records, service reports and other required documents as required. Proper use of PPE, vehicles, tools, and equipment is required.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair, and overhaul various types of compressors/air treatment and ancillary equipment following manufacturer's instructions and/or company polices.
- Demonstrate & work with an understanding of compressors and air treatment
- Demonstrate ability to read, interpret and understand manufacturers' equipment manuals and drawings.
- Responsible for reporting daily updates of workload, additional work required, submitting accurate maintenance reports and ongoing events to the service team.
- Responsible for returning parts, accurately filling job sheets and time sheets using company software
- Demonstrates proficiency in accurately and efficiently diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems on multiple compressor systems within own capabilities and training matrix
- Demonstrates a knowledge of compressor technologies and comprehensive mechanical, and diagnostic skills.
- Dedicated to customer service, maintain professional working relationships with customers and co-workers. aligned with the group’s ethos and reputation
- Liaise with customers on all levels.
- Assist with on call back up support on a Rota basis including contributing reasonable overtime support
- Follows all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures in accordance with the group and our customer’s policies.
- Maintain company property to high standards including reporting of defects not limited to company vehicles, equipment, and workspace
- A full and clean driving license is required.
- Maintain professional conduct on/off site reflecting the group Image
- Excellent communication skills on all levels including, verbal, written,
- Seeks and encourages engagement between Service, Spares & Engineers Teams
- Is knowledgeable about the local and global, current, and future trends affecting the business
- Strives for Customer Service excellence
- Operates comfortably at all levels both internally and externally
- Drives for best-in-class performance and drives a 'can do, want to do' attitude
- Acts as a team player as well as a team leader with a passion that is contagious
- Promote a good work ethic to set standards of behavior, conduct and confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of Compressed Air Units and applications
- Proven experience in a Service and Maintenance role
- Safe Contractor/CSCS card holder current (or recently expired)
- Excellent customer service
- Understanding of CAD drawings
- Good IT skills
- Team working skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually or part of a busy team and work under pressure
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Good command of the English language (Written and spoken)
- Good mathematical skills
- Full clean driving licence
To apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information please call Leon Sewell at Reach Recruitment.
Reach Recruitment recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Production and Modular sectors throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.