Job Title: Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Location: Sutton Fields Industrial Estate, Hull
Reach Recruitment are working exclusively with one of the leading UK food producer and supplier of premium, fresh and added-value food products in Cranswick Foods to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
Working at the Cranswick Gourmet Kitchen site – the new state of the art facility in Hull, supplying high quality cooked product to a number of market leading customers, is looking for a highly motivated and results driven Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for managing all aspects of the health, safety and environmental practices on site. Delivering best practice, complying with legislation and promoting a proactive safe and environmentally friendly culture.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To assist managers to identify risk in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise those risks.
- Implement and monitor effective HSE monitoring and reporting systems. These include group HSE KPI reporting.
- Conducting data analysis to identify trends while working to improve any situation that could be detrimental to the site.
- Actively support and champion a ‘best practice’ ethos and a positive safety culture.
- Conducting Internal auditing and follow up action plan, ensuring close out within agreed timescales and publishing the results.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of health and safety legislation and feed back to the appropriate parties where necessary, implementing agreed changes to the business.
- Working closely with Group H&S to implement the business strategy.
- Ensure that the site complies with all statutory requirements, ‘best practice’ guidelines, and group standards.
- Ensure full compliance of the Company’s ISO 14001, 45001 & 50001 Management Systems.
- Maintenance of the conditions of the sites environmental permit.
- Ensure that department managers are accountable for their area of responsibility, supporting & mentoring them to make positive changes.
- Respect and honour the sentiment of the Cranswick ethical policy and codes of conduct when interacting with colleagues
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience’s:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (minimum)
- IEMA Environmental Management certificate (or equivalent)
- FMCG (essential)
- Chilled food manufacturing (desirable)
- Environmental permitting regulations (EPR)
- Continuous tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Presentation and training skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to gather data, maintain records and write reports
- Problem solving / analytical ability
- Delivers on commitments
- Drive to achieve
- Excellent salary
- Online Training with career development opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Employee Share Scheme
- On-site parking facilities
- Online access to payslips
- Access to employee wellbeing program
- Shopping discounts.
- Buy back holiday scheme
- Salary Finance scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff sales
To apply, please visit https://reachresourcing.com following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information please call Leon Sewell at Reach Recruitment.
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Reach Recruitment.
Reach Recruitment recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Production and Modular sectors throughout the region.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.