Reach Resourcing are thrilled to be working with our reputable and established clients, an award-winning food manufacturer in Hull, for the position of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen due to business growth for an engineer to join the busy Engineering team within this state of the art facility. The position will be to maintain production machinery in operational areas and fulfil task to maintain the fabric and plant on the site. This role is worked over a 4on, 4off shift pattern (days & nights).
- Maintain machinery and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
- Provide a rapid response to breakdown situations and utilise time effectively to ensure known jobs are completed in a succinct timeframe
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables, and equipment
- Liaise and escalate with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities.
- To decrease time lost due to breakdowns
- Satisfactory completion of the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule
- Risk assesses all jobs, to reduce the risk to health and safety issues in your area
- Responsible for and the ongoing support of daily ‘start ups’ in the production area
- HNC/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent in any engineering discipline
- Health and Safety qualifications (desirable, however working knowledge accepted)
- Food safety Level 3 (training will be provided)
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and trained as competent to safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting
- At least 2 years working in an engineering role
- Chilled food FMCG (preferred)
- Fast paced production activity desirable
Hours of work: This is a 4 on 4 off rota days and then nights in 12 hour blocks.
Salary - £20.38 per hour + overtime + Pension + share saver scheme after 12 months
For further information please call Liz at Reach Resourcing - Hull.
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.