PR & Events Executive- Hull- £25-30,000k
Reach Recruitment are working with a family business that has a long and illustrious history dating back to 1876. Alongside its retail division, which operates 13 fuel and convenience stores across East Yorkshire, the company is a collective of built environment businesses made up of the companies Investments.
The company have an in-house Professional Services Team (PST) who works across the portfolio of companies that form part of the company, providing Finance, People (Human Resources), Communications, Information Technology and Health, Safety & Environmental support, advice and guidance.
At the heart of the business’ vision and strategy is delivering value for the communities it serves, promoting opportunities by employing local people and investing in developing talent, as well as giving back to communities and supporting the regional economy through commissioning the local supply chain.
The company prides themselves on their commitment to support, train, develop and reward employees. In return, they ask that their employees work hard, live the company behaviours and have some fun along the way. Culture is a massive part of the day-to-day life and its people follow core principles of being Positive; Professional; Customer Focused; Team Players; and Always Doing the Right Thing.
In 2021 the Group was recognised as one of only 18 businesses across the country in the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise for Promoting Opportunity – the most prestigious accolade for UK businesses.
The company are looking for a talented and enthusiastic PR and Events Executive to join our growing Communications Team to develop content for the Group’s wide-ranging comms and marketing strategies.
Working with the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for crafting creative and engaging copy for a range of PR, digital and internal comms channels for the Group’s 11 brands. With a passion for copy writing for a range of diverse audiences, the successful candidate will need to understand the role of PR and good content in the wider comms and marketing mix, and be able to demonstrate its value from a strategic business perspective.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will also be involved in planning and delivering exciting events, both for internal and external audiences.
Monday - Friday 8.30am-5.00pm, 37.5 hours per week (1 hour lunch break)
- Copywriting for various collateral, including digital channels, case studies, award submissions, newsletters and press releases Supporting the wider team as necessary to meet the marketing and communications needs of the business
- Feeding into and supporting the delivery of internal and external communication and engagement plans
- Writing/supporting the creation of reports into Board on PR and events activities
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, internal customers and stakeholders
- Working with suppliers, including photographers, film makers and event providers
- Coordinating internal communications activity and newsletters
- Creation of digital and social media campaigns to complement PR activity
- Reporting on media coverage and its effectiveness, including social/digital value and customer feedback
- Coordinating internal and community engagement events
- PR activity across the Group’s 11 brands
Skills and Attributes
As well as exhibiting the behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Team and Customer Focused with a mentality for Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following:-
- Full Driving Licence, valid in the UK and own transport.
- Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked
- A positive approach to learning, development and progression
- Have the ability to work as a team member in a busy and fast paced working environment
- You’ll need a positive and professional attitude and be smart in appearance
- A ‘hands on’ and proactive approach will be key, as will your organisational skills and ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- With written and verbal communication skills being in constant use for this role, it is essential to be a good communicator who can develop strong relationships across the business
- Excellent copywriting skills across a range of channels and audiences
- Experience in/working with Public Sector organisations
- Event planning and coordination experience (preferably including budget management)
- Experience in copy writing and/or PR in a commercial environment
- Energy, drive and a hunger for delivering results
- A love of words and crafting engaging content that makes an impact
- Experience working within a Communications and/or Marketing agency
- Experience of running virtual events
The company is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services.
As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role. Results must be satisfactory for working in environments where children are present.
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 20% Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Auto Enrolment pension
- Staff discounts
- High Street & Retail discount schemes
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Technology Scheme
- Free use of the 3 'Tommy Coyle Academy' Gyms
Apply for this position
To apply or find out more about the position of ‘PR & Events Executive’, please call James 01482 235100 or kindly email email@example.com.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Alternatively, please apply directly to this position and we will get back in touch for a confidential chat.
Reach Recruitment recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm, and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
Reach Recruitment offer a professional and personal take on recruitment. Our dedicated and experienced consultants work in partnership with candidates & clients to ensure the best possible productivity.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.