Job Title: Production Shift Supervisor | Location: Hull | Salary: £35,635
Reach Resourcing is delighted to be currently recruiting a Production Shift Supervisor!
Reach Resourcing are proud to announce that we are currently recruiting a Production Supervisor. The purpose of the role is to be responsible and provide effective supervision and leadership of the production team. This is based on a 24-hour/ 7 day a week, shift basis.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and improving standards of safety, housekeeping, quality and efficiency by efficient use of all available resources — including people, plant and equipment.
Our client is located in Kingston upon Hull. They produce fused and specialty magnesia products used in the electrical, friction, technical ceramic, automotive and refractory industries. A reputable, growing organisation - this is a perfect time to join their expanding team!
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Effective management of resources to achieve production targets
- Manage employees' hours to ensure minimal overtime
- Regular performance feedback to employees and Line Manager
- Conduct annual operator performance appraisals
- Support attendance management
- Support Management on disciplinary & performance reviews
- Liaise with Maintenance department to support breakdowns and planned Maintenance
- Ensure work area is always safety compliant
- On-time customer deliveries
- Weekly/daily reporting
- Monitor & achieve minimum KPI targets
- Ensure production operating procedures are followed consistently
- Support employee training plans
- Quality control testing of finished products and in-process samples
So, what about you?
You'll have the following...
- Strong decision-making skills
- Team leadership experience
- Effective communication skills
- A practical hands-on approach to problem-solving
- A personal drive and enthusiasm to achieve amazing results
- You'll also be a strategic thinker, thinking in-line with business objectives
- Brilliant literacy & numeracy skills
- IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Essential Skills for Supervisors (ACAS)
- IOSH or NEBOSH (preferred)
4 on 4 off - 2 days (06:30 am to 18:30 pm) and 2 nights (18:30 pm to 06:30 am), then 4 days off.
For more information regarding the role, please call Liz Owen at Reach Resourcing.
01482 235100 | email@example.com
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm, and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
Reach Resourcing offer a professional and personal take on recruitment. Our dedicated and experienced consultants work in partnership with candidates & clients to ensure the best possible productivity.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.