Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor | Location: Pocklington
Permanent | Salary: £55,000
Reach Resourcing is delighted to be working exclusively with a family-run organisation that has expanded significantly in the last 10 years operating, employing over 250 people to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Our client currently operates throughout the entirety of East, West, North Yorkshire, and North Lincolnshire. They're able to provide a fully integrated solution that ensures a streamlined service for all of their clients within every step of a project.
With over 20 years of experience, our client has established an enviable reputation for delivering large scale developments to impeccable high standards throughout the UK.
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will provide advice, report on, and control all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts.
The role includes offering support to the Project Manager to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget, and to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction in line with company values.
- Their Vision
- Future Proof
- Ensure the timely preparation, submission, and agreement of valuations with the Clients representative.
- Obtain best financial position for the Company through the agreement of final account with targeted results and securing monies at the soonest opportunity.
- Procurement of Sub-Contract tenders, analysis, and comparison with allowance.
- Interviewing Sub-Contractors, agreeing on terms and conditions, placing orders with Subcontractors in good time to meet programmed requirements.
- Ensure the subcontracting process is administered correctly to protect the Company.
- Analysis, comparison, reconciliation, and reporting on cost/value of the works to the Directors.
- Projecting cost and value to completion of the works monthly.
- Re-measure of and check bills of quantities, evaluate the company and Subcontract works, report on variation.
- Assessing Sub-contractor claims for additional works.
- Recording and agreement of contract variations with the Client.
- Contribute to dispute resolution, evaluate potential implications for dispute resolution and negotiate and progress the resolution of a dispute.
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Plan, allocate, and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals, and self.
- Set up and update work objectives for teams and individuals.
- Mentor Assistant Surveyors and Trainees.
- Educated to HND / Degree Level in Quantity Surveying or Equivalent
- Member of the RICS or working towards.
- Experience in the Construction Industry in a similar Role
- Knowledge of contract conditions – JCT, NEC, etc.
- CSCS – Card
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the Construction process
What you'll get in return -
A strong basic salary is available, coupled with a generous car allowance, pension contributions, and many more company benefits.
To apply or find out more about the position of ‘Site Manager’, please call our specialist Engineering and Technical Consultant, Liz, on 01482 235100 or kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Alternatively, please apply directly to this position and we will get back in touch for a confidential chat.
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm, and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
Reach Resourcing offers a professional and personal take on recruitment. Our dedicated and experienced consultants work in partnership with candidates & clients to ensure the best possible productivity.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.